Monday, November 08, 2004

The hairy-hydro-phobia

I dunno if this thing has an official name. I haven’t come across another living person who suffers from this. I dunno if I’m the only one. Well, if I am... WOW! I love it.
Looks like I gotcha ask everyone I know if they’ve ever heard of this thing in order to declare myself truly unique. So lemme explain...

I hate washing my hair. Do I hear you people say, “stay away from me”? Relax, this is one of those very few things that I hate doing, but still do. (The other being, laugh at my boss’ jokes) And what I hate more than the hot oil therapy and choosing the ‘right’ shampoo is that sick feeling of wet hair sticking on to my neck. I not only hate it, I detest, abhor and despise it.
When I was a kid, that’s not too many years ago... mommy would chase me every Saturday morning and lock me under the shower and I used to see imaginary water dragons with dangling tongues, waiting to taste me. And how I used to scream... my, my... and the woman who lived on top, who poisoned her husband who killed her mom would play “The Doors” loud enough to subdue my howls.

I’ve tried all possible ways to save myself... tried sticking gum in my hair so that I’d have to cut it off as short as possible. My mom just hates the way I look with really short hair, dad doesn’t care, sis always complains about whatever I do, and friends have mixed opinions.

I’m sunk into another skipped-it-this-Saturday misery.

2 Comments:

Blogger jaijee said...

God ! hw opposite in nature two persons cud be ??

3:57 pm  
Blogger J said...

Jai, yeh kabhi suna hai?
Like poles repel, opposites attract.

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home