Thursday, December 02, 2004

It’s not a dream and I’m not a dreamer.

All your dreams are made
When you're chained to the mirror and the razor blade
Today's the day that all the world will see
Another sunny afternoon
Walking to the sound of my favorite tune
Tomorrow never knows what it doesn't know too soon

It’s not a dream and I’m not a dreamer.

It’s midnight and I’m not in the middle of anything. I see myself sitting on the floor, in one corner of a room with four red walls. Blood red walls they were, dark in every sense of the word and gloomy too. Plain black floor tiles. Here I was, sitting without an expression on my face, as blank as the room.

Where’s everything gone? There's no heaven, it’s only the sky above. There’s no hell below, nothing to kill or die for. I am living for today, or at least that’s what it seems. I have nothing to prove if I’m in the past or future or even reality.

The bitter sweet truth is that, I don’t quite know what’s happening, either all that’s happening is for real or I’m bad at lying.

Nothing’s questionable when I say that life’s a bittersweet symphony. Running into the future while trying to make ends meet. Being a slave for the money you die earning. Taking you down the only road you've ever known and never to the places where you wanted to go. Getting you down on your knees when you’d never pray. Putting you to sleep with a pleasant melody when you recognize the pain in you. Un-cleansing your mind and setting you free now.


I am here in my mold
But I'm a million different people
from one day to the next
I can't change my mold
No, no, no, no, no

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home