Friday, January 28, 2005

Insomnia


By the breathing pond,
While consumed by its misty breath,
I met Insomnia.
"Why are your eyes wide and soul tired?"
"My wife," he replied, "has disappeared into
The moonlight."
"Can I help you find her?" I asked.
"Yes. She's pale with dark features and an
Air of peace."
"What is her name?" I asked.
"Rest."
We looked high upon grassy peaks
And low into snowy valleys.
At last, we found her
Under a tree down by that pond,
Having an affair with Slumber.
Insomnia lay down beside her,
Embraced her,
And then Insomnia was no more.

Read this brilliant stuff somewhere… what if ‘rest’ became ‘death’ or ‘love’ would things still be the same?

:-?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A change would never have the same effect, in my humble opinion.

5:47 pm  
Blogger Elixir said...

gee i dono...rest becoming death sounds way to depressing...like u have no peace till u actually dead-creepy. But yeah things sure change semantically AND literally wid da other words
My not-so-humble-opinion :P

11:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home