Monday, January 31, 2005

It’s raining discounts!

Pure bliss
Remedy for depression
Instant addiction

Call it compulsive shopping or impulsive shopping or being shopaholic, most people don’t know the difference anyway.

Imagine a situation like this…
You’re at the mall, heavily armed with credit cards and cash. What do you do? SHOP TILL YOU DROP!

Irrespective of whether you need that new pair of Levi’s or a matching Diesel jacket. Why would you justify the facts, weigh the pros and cons?
The truth is… we need it, and we need it now! Come on, we have just one life to live. And, poor me I have just a handful left.

The big Q is… Why do you shop?

Do you just buy things you want, whether or not you can afford them at the time?
Do you buy things to cheer yourself up?
Do you get anxiety attacks when you have to say no to yourself or put off something you want? Are you perpetually in deep debt because of overspending?

If its yes to all of these, then… you are normal!

But if you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder… there’s just no cure!
Maybe you could just say "NO" to all those free credit cards
Or leave them when you go shopping.
Or take along a friend who does not shop and criticises choice of yours.
Start enjoying the art of "window shopping" – it can be relaxing, but if you have a sister who does all the shopping while you don’t get to indulge… believe me, it works as a negative therapy.

Anyway, I’ve had a brilliant weekend. I haven’t spent any of my own hard-earned money. And I picked up all that I liked… except probably that dainty little choker and that pair of beige corduroy pants and that beautiful multi-coloured turkish evil-eye charm bracelet and that cute rainbow top and ................ OMG, I’ve missed so much…

6 Comments:

Blogger j said...

No! Don't go after some other blog that makes big promises it can't keep...

This is much less... angst-filled.

But what's your favorite store?

J.

2:00 pm  
Blogger Elixir said...

so true...so true...so true!!!!!
it is like my inner conscious speaking...!!!!
psst psst i especially liked da imagine a situation part...sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!

linking ya :D

5:04 pm  
Blogger J said...

The other J ~ Just sent u a mail… so u’d get ur explanation. Oh, I don’t have ‘a’ fav store… have so many fav ones.

Exilir ~ I know all women can relate to this :-p
Temme, have u ever met a man who loves shopping n is single too? Next weekend’s only gonna get better… I’m gonna go shopping and there’s Sting’s show!
Hmm… its still Monday!

5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody's got SOME cash on hand and is on a spending spree.. need to stop that, before my money evaporates into beige coloured cloth materials!

Man with no Name!!!!
(http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

10:42 am  
Blogger maxo said...

OPM is the best to do the shopping.

Some equate it as Own Persoanl Money and some equate it as Other People's Money.

U wanna know which cadre I belong

10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed it. I have a site/blog also you might really enjoy

9:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home