Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What’s in a name?

Why must everything have a name?

A name for every soul
A name for every planet
A name for every river and mountain
A name for every building too. As though they were entities.

Is there one street without a name?

Does knowing the name make you so knowledgeable?

Who gets the privilege of naming things and having it accepted by the entire world?
If I were to say... from this moment on, this planet that we live in will be called Venus because women are from Venus and if you men out there don’t like it, just get lost... will the world say “yes” to it just because I said so and accept it, write it down, and put it in all the science books?

How about not having a name at all?

PS: Man with no name... are you reading???

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Man with no Name" is still a name.. Think abt it..

Btw, fellow hypocrite, didn't U say everything gets boring after max 3 months? whatever are U still doing on Ur blogs for so long now???

http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com

12:27 pm  
Blogger J said...

well, i'm re-inventing myself!

12:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U mean to say Ur brain is re-inventing its behaviours? wud there be a point where it totally re-invents itself, so that U dont know where the hell U are.. and then u end up waking up in my bed saying where am I, who am I, and Y do I feel like I need the experience I had a while back, again and again?

http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com

1:22 pm  
Blogger maxo said...

hmm christening is just an identity to the soul, there are five sensed creatures identifying their siblings and partners without name - just kidding.

Few have the previlege of getting their proposal /suggestions accepted !

1:28 pm  
Blogger J said...

Yup… cud happen. But I hope it doesn’t happen 5 years from now…
No, on 2nd thots… it does happen sometimes. I mean I’m so bloody different from wat I was 2 yrs back… n I ask this “who am I?” qs every time I hit a low… and the “where am I?” thing every time I’m stuck with a dud.

So wat u just said, doesn’t hold good for me. But aint I contradicting myself here? :-p So wot, I have my mind fixed on wot I want!

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rest my case!

http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com

1:40 pm  
Blogger J said...

U give up? Cooooooool! i win!!!
Gawd i'm bored of winning!

1:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well U were contradicting Urself.. what the heck can I do? and yet U call it winning.. lady, get this straight.. U CANNOT call the shots and expect it to happen.. taking Ur re-naming of Earth for instance.. get the drift? or is it getting too complex ;)

http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com

2:21 pm  
Blogger J said...

Hmmmmmmmmm, so if i were to rename the earth, i wud call it... Planet-J! :-p

2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home