Friday, January 20, 2006

Sometimes the words come easily
They rush to the forefront of my mind
Pressing hard against the walls of my skull
Fighting with each other to see who goes first
They form a queue, get organized, desert the fistfight
Making their way to the nearest exit
Some step aptly down behind my eyes
Make their way into my mouth
Others slide down my throat
Gliding eagerly to the tips of my fingers
The rest fall to my heart
Pumping their way vigorously
Through my blood
Out of my toes
Some just love flirting around
While the lazy ones, simply sleep around
And sometimes
The words disappear
They slither into the nooks and crannies of my brain
And hide
Leaving a gray cloud in their wake
Talking to me in a language I don’t understand
Leaving an empty wordless trail behind

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to be a writer when she grew up. She did become one, when she grew up, but not the kind she’d always dreamt about.
You see, she had to pay bills, she had to live, so she wrote to
sell.
But the girl was sad, because that’s not what she wanted to write.
She had people with stories inside her.
She had a whole lot of stories that filled her up.
So was so filled that the stories were nearly bursting out, begging to come out.
But she didn’t let them.
There was no room for them in the world.

10 Comments:

Blogger madhavan said...

Stop pitification n start writinfiction like how all writers do n did- 1000 words a day. Stop blaming d word n world for ur laziness

6:14 pm  
Blogger madhavan said...

N u have plenty of style, good style, but its no use if it remains inside ur pretty head

7:13 pm  
Blogger J said...

O thank you madhavankutty pillai... those were just the words I was looking for... now how about looking for a publisher?

10:37 pm  
Blogger madhavan said...

finish the book, and i will find one for you if its any good. promise.

11:07 pm  
Blogger J said...

O freak... now u sound like the guy who..........

11:57 pm  
Blogger madhavan said...

Actually i dont any publisher but by the time u finish i expect to b a hotshot writer. So go easy on the deadline if u want me to keep mah promise

1:00 am  
Blogger The Wandering Hermit said...

yeah words are funny masters,sometimes easy sometimes they dry up totally...
cheers
z

1:22 am  
Blogger J said...

well, now i'm done. done with the epic. i stayed up all nite to finish it. com'on now, do wot u promised to :p

10:12 am  
Blogger death said...

awwww! we'll make you a writer, the kind you wanna be :)

8:37 pm  
Blogger humbl devil said...

& the booker goes to...

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home