Thursday, December 28, 2006


This blog’s becoming a liability.
It tells me that I have to keep writing.

Even if I don’t want to.
Even if I don’t have anything to write.

That makes the writing constrained and unwarranted.
So when I do have something to say – like today – I fear it will sound unreal.

But I will say
What I have to say

Dependant. Exposed. Lost.
That’s how I feel.

I know what I want.
I know how it can happen.

But I won’t make it happen.
I want the plot to unfold on its own.

I have the unwritten words, written in my mind
All I need is a pen that’ll pick up the words and put them down on paper

Then I want the wind to blow the sheet away
Away from me, over to where I want it to go

I want the words to be seen, to be read, to be felt
I want a thought transfer to happen

Sigh!
And then I’ll live happily ever after

2 Comments:

Blogger km said...

Re the opening lines: think I know *exactly* how you feel :)

Here's to a great 2007.

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good decision.

PS: The pen's already there. The nib has become blunt. Just needs to be sharpened or replaced. What say?

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home